Click to Enlarge / Copy and Paste / Size as You Wish / Print and Enjoy!

Search Recipes

Friday, May 20, 2022

Rhubarb Cake

Every single person I have served this to has begged for the recipe.  I had to try it after my friend Marilyn told me that the friends of her kids asked their moms, "I want you to make that rhubarb cake that Tommy's mom makes . . . for my birthday."  This cake is birthday-request-level.  

You probably already have everything you need to make this cake, except maybe RHUBARB . . . but did you know you can buy a rhubarb crown on amazon?  It's pretty cheap, for something that comes back a little bigger and better every year.


Did you know rhubarb is sometimes called "pie plant"?


Toss two cups chopped rhubarb with just enough flour
to coat each piece before you mix it into the batter

The cake is made with shortening, and with the crumble/streusel on top, it's similar to a coffee cake.  But it doesn't dry out like a coffee cake--the bits of rhubarb in the batter ensure a moist crumb.  And, of course, the sweet-tart rhubarb sauce and whipped cream take it over the top.

*One note: I add 3-4 drops of red food coloring to the sauce right before serving.

You're welcome, world.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to BexBox! I hope you enjoy using my recipe cards as much as I enjoy making them.