Click to Enlarge / Copy and Paste / Size as You Wish / Print and Enjoy!

Search Recipes

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Spicy Chickpea and Rice Soup

Allen made this soup for dinner last night.  And today, only one day later, I made a recipe card--because this is going to be a monthly staple at our house.  I don't know when I have tasted better soup.  It was so delicious and satisfying and flavorful and different.

This is why some people rhapsodize about soup!  It can be the best meal of your life!

It doesn't hurt that it's a pretty darn healthy vegetarian soup, either.

A couple things: we couldn't find any harissa paste, so we didn't use any.  The original recipe called for bulgur wheat instead of brown rice.  Again, none to be had in our small town.  And we used sour cream in place of creme fraiche.

So yummy.  I had a huge bowl for lunch today and wished there was more.


4 comments:

  1. I must try this! Where can one find this harissa paste?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you can get it at Winco. But it was yummy without!

      Delete
  2. Hearty and delicious and perfect for a freezing cold winter day! I used red chili paste because I couldn't find harissa paste at my Neighborhood Wally World, which gave it a nice kick. I also put 2 cups of brown rice instead of one because I wanted to. It was DEVOURED by my entire family and will definitely be added to our favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to BexBox! I hope you enjoy using my recipe cards as much as I enjoy making them.