Click to Enlarge / Copy and Paste / Size as You Wish / Print and Enjoy!

Search Recipes

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Brigham City Peach Pie

Peach pie.  I mean, it sounds good and it looks good . . . but I don't think I ever would have made it if it hadn't been a birthday request.  So I'm glad it was, because it turned out to be a great recipe (I got it from allrecipes, one of my favorite cooking sites).


I made this pie for Troy--he's a great friend and his wife, Brenda, is an even greater friend (sorry, Troy).  He's a pretty generous guy and has made the birthdays in our family special.  So, I told him I'd make him an apple pie on his birthday and he quickly countered, "How 'bout peach?"  

Peach it shall be.  (I used my flakiest pie crust recipe).

Our family before the hour-long wait on a busy Thursday
It seemed fitting that he requested a peach pie only a few days after my family and I visited Brigham City, Utah---peach capital of the state.  We went there to tour the inside of the newly competed Latter-day Saint temple.  Before a temple is dedicated, it is open to the general public, and I highly recommend taking a tour if you ever have the opportunity!  There's no better way to find out what "Mormons" believe and why temples are central to our focus on strengthening families, both now and in the afterlife.  Here's a sweet video clip about part of our temple experience:




But back to the pie.  I think it's the only food on this site that I have not actually tasted myself {update: I had it on Pi Day 2013 and it is delectable}.  Both Troy and Brenda assured me that it was delicious--even better than the pastry that Troy ordered for himself on the Internet for his birthday.  I could have told you that, Troy . . .

Any recipe that calls for you to cut butter into a crumbly stage
is bound to be delicious 
Layer the peaches in the bottom of your pie crust, then generously
layer butter crumblies.  Repeat with remaining peaches and crumblies.
Troy got his bull elk with a BOW the day before his birthday,
so I thought I'd pay homage to his prowess with an antler design . . .
T for "Totally"
I used an egg yolk wash: water and egg yolk
beaten and lightly brushed over the crust
Scrumptious.
Troy took this picture and FBed it to me.
It wouldn't have been a true birthday gift without a poem from yours truly.  I would have printed it out for Troy, but my printer was/is out of ink.  Still, I can share the digital version with my Internet audience.  I think Troy would want it that way.


Aren't limericks the best?  Poo on sonnets and haikus . . . you can't convey this kind of emotion in those rigid forms . . .

Celebration-worthy, people.
I added pecans to my streusel the second go-round and it was
over-the-top good.
National "Pi" day: 3.14 every year.  Circles never looked this tasty . . .
Finally, the actual recipe card:


4 comments:

  1. Vintage. B Froe Thanks for the old fashion peach pie. You are sometimes fruity but always ........

    ReplyDelete
  2. yummers...going to make it this week. I think the big town of BC would kick me out if I didn't. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The town of BC could never make it without you guys, Shawna! They are lucky to have you whether you use their peaches or not :). Let me know how the pie turns out.

      Delete

Welcome to BexBox! I hope you enjoy using my recipe cards as much as I enjoy making them.