Click to Enlarge / Copy and Paste / Size as You Wish / Print and Enjoy!

Search Recipes

Sunday, August 6, 2023

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

This dessert is everything a brownie should be: moist, dense, rich, chocolatey . . . then multiply your dessert enjoyment by 10 when you add chunks of Reese's peanut butter cups.

This recipe card was one of the first ones I ever made, and what was I thinking with that font?  
Old card--do not use this one.
Scroll down to bottom for new card.

I found the recipe for Peanut Butter cup brownies in Wondertime magazine about five or six years ago (alas, Wondertime is no more).  They looked so good . . . but the first time I made them, they were far too sweet.  So, I reduced the sugar by half a cup, and eventually by 3/4 cup.  Then I added two more peanut butter cups to the recipe.  And a bit more salt.

Now they are perfect.
I actually only had 8 cups this time, but it's better
with ten.  Or even twelve.  Is there any kitchen
chore more delightful than shucking PB cups?
Cut each cup into fourths.  (A few times I have used a package of
bite-size Reese's instead and the brownies have been delightful)
Use real butter to grease the pan---no substitutions.
This is how it looks before you put it in the oven . . . 
This is how it looks before you put it in YOUR MOUTH
Mmmmmmm . . . brownies.  With Reese's . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to BexBox! I hope you enjoy using my recipe cards as much as I enjoy making them.