Click to Enlarge / Copy and Paste / Size as You Wish / Print and Enjoy!

Search Recipes

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Becca's Red Potato Salad With Bacon

Potato salad + bacon = no duh.



I followed my husband's recipe protocol when coming up with this one: read all you can about one food, then cobble together your favorite ideas. I knew I wanted to use sliced (instead of chopped) red potatoes, and knew I wanted big chunks of bacon . . . the rest followed.



Sometimes I use horseradish mustard instead of Dijon--it is delectable.  The best thing about potato salad is that you can add lots of different seasonings in different amounts and it'll still be yummy.  Sometimes I sprinkle it with paprika, sometimes I add 12 hard-boiled eggs instead of six, and I usually use less mayo and sour cream than I wrote on the recipe card.  You can really experiment and not go wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy this potato salad, it is so yummy I enjoy making it and eating it! My boys dont love potatos, but this salad they chow down. Yummy Becca Thanks for all your hard work on this blog,I enjoy the way you write and all the food you post is outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hands.Down.Theeeee best potato salad there ever was! Now a staple in our home for every holiday.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to BexBox! I hope you enjoy using my recipe cards as much as I enjoy making them.